VICTORY SPORTS MEN'S & WOMEN'S PRO-AM SUMMER BASKETBALL LEAGUE RULES
The 2016 Victory Sports Pro-AM Summer Basketball League, sanctioned by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), is New Jersey’s premier Summer Pro-AM basketball league. The league will feature top basketball talent from the Mid-Atlantic region. Participants will have a wide-range of experience, from graduating High School Seniors, Junior College, Division III, Division II, Division I and Professional level, both in the United States and abroad.
Victory Sports prides itself on offering a quality basketball experience for all participants, coaches, referees and Fans! In order to help preserve this level of quality and a safe environment for the players, coaches, referees and Fans, we must ensure that rules are followed. Several of the League Rules are listed below. (League Rules may change at anytime and without notice)
- Victory Sports Pro-Am Summer League abides by all NCAA rules and regulations; www.ncaa.org
- Games will be played @ the Windsor Athletic Club.
- League Tryouts – Player Registration is $30.00 (non-refundable). Registration is online at victorysportsnj.siplay.com , however, if you are unable to pay online, contact us and we will assist you with the registration process.
- Player Registration (for players who play of a team) is $65.00. Registration is online at victorysportsnj.siplay.com , however, if you are unable to pay online, contact us and we will assist you with the registration process.
- League Game Days: Women’s – Monday’s & Wednesday’s
- League Game Days: Men’s – Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday
- Number of Games featured per game night: TBD
- Game Times: TBD
- ALL GAMES MUST START ON TIME.
- Teams will be charged a forfeit fee of $150.00 that MUST be paid prior to next game, or the team will not be able to participate in any future games unless the fine is paid-in-full.
- All games staffed with two certified Referees
- Teams will play (2) 20 minute halves. Clock will continuously run, until there are 2 minutes remaining in each half of the game, at which time the clock will stop during standard stops-in-play.
- Overtime periods will be 3 minutes.
- All games will operate with a 30 second shot clock
- During each game, every team must have a coach or team captain present.
Games will abide by NCAA college game rules. The only rule different from college rules is the “advancement rule.” The advancement rule is stated that “after being awarded a timeout in the last 2 minutes of the game, the offensive team may select where to put the ball in play (midcourt line or designated spot out-of-bounds) if the ball has not been advanced. Ball must be passed into the front court.”
If a player does not come to a game with a uniform, they will not be eligible to play in their game that night. Every player must have the same number throughout the course of a given game or changing of the number will result in a technical foul.
We ask that all teams arrive to their game 30 minutes prior to playing.
All participants will act in accordance with the values of Victory Sports. Any physical altercations will result in immediate removal from the Windsor Athletic Club campus. Each occurrence will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, in order to determine further action. Victory Sports expects complete professionalism at all times, on and off the court.